This week on the Delivering WOW podcast I am so pleased to share with you my interview with a true leader in the dental industry, Dr. Robert Pick.
Dr. Pick is a popular business practice management consultant, coach, best-selling author, entrepreneur, and professional speaker. He is known for his high energy, fast moving, motivational, highly educational and entertaining programs.
Dr. Pick is the CEO of The Pick Group, a practice management firm designed to yield a happy, healthy and wealthy practice. He is also in private practice working in the ‘trenches’.
Dr. Pick received his Dental Degree, Certificate of Residency in Periodontics and his Master of Science Degree, Oral Pathology, all from Northwestern University. Dr. Pick is currently engaged in full time private practice of Periodontics, Implants and Oral Medicine in Aurora, Illinois. He is also a member of the attending staff of Northwestern Memorial Hospital and a Clinical Associate Professor of Surgery at the Northwestern University’s Medical School. Dr. Pick has also been involved with the Jack Welch Business Management Institute.
Dr. Pick is recognized by Dentistry Today as one of the top 200 Leaders in Continuing Education and has won this honor all 19 years that the award has been given. He is also on the Advisory Board of the Journal, Dentist’s Money Digest, where he also writes a monthly article. Dr. Pick has presented programs nationally and internationally, has published numerous articles and book chapters in the scientific literature and he has been on live closed circuit TV at both the CDS and Hinman Dental Meetings. As an official spokesperson for the American Dental Association he has frequently been featured in the media.
On the podcast we discussed:
- What Robert sees as the four basics for a successful practice
- The importance of pre-clinical interviews, which Robert conducts with all new patients
- The necessity of having social media presence, an up-to-date website and the opportunity video presents
- A powerful tool Robert calls the post-procedure video check
- The value of offsite business retreats and teambuilding to developing a dental business
- How to motivate your team, including some great tips to get your team on-board
- How to build a successful fee for service practice
Dr. Pick can be reached at www.thepickgroup.com (website coming soon!) and by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here's a video trailer of the podcast episode: