I’m delighted to welcome Dr. Scott Leune onto this week’s podcast to discuss how you can build a profitable business.
Dr. Scott Leune is the founder of Breakaway Practice, a practice management company which has consulted and helped develop 90 de novos. It has also helped to operate 500 practices through scheduling, insurance, billing, marketing, and IT services.
More recently, Dr. Leune co-founded Dental Whale, an innovative dental company which is carving a new category of group private practice ownership and management. Dental Whale's subsidiary companies include the largest dental repair franchise in North America, a hand piece repair company, a dental marketing company, a dental practice brokerage firm, an 80-practice dental support organization, a seminars company, a dental consulting company, and a dental back office services company. Together, Dental Whale companies have supported over 15,000 dentists in 2017.
With such a diversified set of experiences, Dr. Leune lectures on data-driven decision making in dentistry in an environment of scalable systems and infrastructure.
On the podcast we discussed…
- Scott’s journey from graduating from dental school, becoming a group practice owner and starting his own businesses “Breakaway Practice” and “Dental Whale”
- The belief that you can take the infrastructure and knowledge that drives cooperate level dentistry and apply it to a private practice dentist
- Six things that influence the success of a practice – Patient Flow, Diagnosis, Case Acceptance, Scheduled Capacity, Collections Health and Expenses
- Why you need to define what you want to do in life before you start thinking about your goals for your practice
- How to get your practice to a place where you can have the freedom to focus on what matters most
- The importance of being disciplined with your boundaries and time spend in the office
- Converting new patients over the phone and why it’s more important to answer new patient calls than those from existing patients
- The benefits of using a scheduling center to reduce your missed call rate and triple new patient flow
- Using virtual schedulers and coordinators to increase the productivity of your front desk team
- How dentists and practices can improve their case acceptance rate
- Why you need three different payment options for patients who can pay, patients who can’t pay but have good credit and patients who can’t pay and have bad credit
- The importance of addressing finances simply and efficiently so that it’s easy for the patient to digest and understand
- Communicating urgency to the patient and why it’s better to address the dental issue sooner rather than later
You can sign-up for one of Dr. Scott Leune’s business training seminars and maximize your success by visiting breakawaypractice.com. Find out more about Dental Whale and how they can help support, manage and market dental practice on the company’s website dentalwhale.com.
To watch a short video trailer where we are discussing how to convert new patients over the phone, hit play below: