How to Use the 5 Love Languages to Improve Team Communication with Dr. Trent Redfearn
Did you know that the five love languages can help improve your relationships with your team and your patients?
Dr. Trent Redfearn is a dentist with a unique skillset. He attended the University of Missouri-Columbia and graduated with a B.S. in chemical engineering. He then attended the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Dentistry, receiving his Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) in 2008. Since then, he has done extensive training in communication and teaches dental teams how to strengthen and improve their relationships using the five love languages. Dr. Trent Redfearn is also the Founder of Dentovation Academy of Dental Assisting.
The five love languages include words of affirmation, acts of service, receiving gifts, quality time, and physical touch. Not everyone responds to these five love languages in the same way. Some people value gifts while others prefer to build relationships by spending quality time with someone they want to connect with. By understanding each of the five love languages further, you can use that knowledge to build both your personal and professional relationships – including the connections you build with patients in your dental practice.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Why it’s important to show appreciation to your team and vice versa
- How to improve your team’s communication skills with each other and patients
- Understanding how the five love languages work when it comes to improving relationships
- Why you should figure out what love language each team member responds to the most
- How to resolve conflict using your knowledge on the five love languages
- How to identify your blind spots and respond to people with a different love language than your own
If you would like to connect with Dr. Trent Redfearn and learn more about using the five love languages to help build deeper connections with team members and patients, you can reach out to him via his LinkedIn profile.
Check out this short video trailer of the episode where Dr. Trent Redfearn discusses how to improve your team’s communication skills: